1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- 1.1 Cookies – Refers to a HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie)
- 1.2 We/Us/Our/we/us/our – means R.L.Lovatt Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 717516, whose registered address is Manor Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 7BL and whose main trading address is as above.
- 1.3 Our website/our website – means this website; rllovatt.com
- 2.1 –Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise your device, preferences and can be used to improve your online experience. Cookies can help analyse web traffic and allows web applications to respond to you as an individual web user.
- 2.2 – Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 2.3 – A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- 3.1 – This website (rllovatt.com) places cookies on your computer or device (such as smartphones or tablets) when you use the site.
- 3.2 – We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- 3.3 – If you are using our website, the cookies will automatically obtain information from you as part of that visit. This information will not identify you, however, will allow us to:
- 3.3.1 – to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 3.3.2 – improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.3.3 – allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- 3.3.4 – improve our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- 3.5 – Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes. Such third parties are Google, Instagram and Facebook. Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) helps to analyse the use of a website and improve customer experience on our website. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers. Our website currently uses an Instagram programme that allows us to display our recent posts.
- 3.6 – Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
4. Our Website Cookies
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- 4.1 –
Cookie Name: ADMINDYNSRV & DYNSRV
Cookie Description: Both of these cookies are use to help the performance of the website and are deleted when you close your browser.
- 4.2 –
Cookie Name: PHPSESSID
Cookie Description: This is known as a session cookie. It is used to allow users to be recognized within a website so any page changes or item selection you do is remembered from page to page. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- 4.3 –
Cookie Name/s: _ga, _gid & __extfc
Cookie Description: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- 4.4 –
Cookie Name/s: csrftoken
Cookie Description: Helps prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.
- 4.5 –
Cookie Name/s: pum-531
Cookie Description: Cookie used to prevent our popups from displaying repeatedly.
- 4.6 –
Cookie Name/s: _js_datr, mcd, rur & urlgen
Cookie Description: Instagram session cookie.
- 4.7 –
Cookie Name/s: catAccCookies
Cookie Description: This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on this website.
5. Disabling Cookies
- 5.1 – You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- 5.2 – Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you are using. Instructions for disabling cookies can usually be found in the browser’s ‘Help’ menu.
- 5.3 – To opt-out of the Instagram third party cookies on our website please click here or more information.
- 5.4 – If you would only like to Opt out of Google’s ad settings please click here.
- 5.5 –You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org for directions on how to block cookies on all major browsers. The site also explains how you can delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer and provides general information about cookies.
- 5.6 – You should be aware that restricting cookies might affect the functionality of our website and other websites you visit.
This Cookies Policy was updated 05/08/2018.